The Daedalus Cycle

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Daedalus Cycle
The Daedalus Cycle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Shh! I'm on the phone. [open]
Shh! I'm on the phone. [open] I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2012 2:36 pm by Guido Esposito

» ~Good Titles Ain't Cheap, Y'know?~ (Panic and Guido)
Shh! I'm on the phone. [open] I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2012 9:40 am by Guido Esposito

» ~Lesser of the Two?~
Shh! I'm on the phone. [open] I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 4:01 pm by Sofia Petrovin

» Temp. Hiatus
Shh! I'm on the phone. [open] I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 3:13 pm by Sofia Petrovin

» Going Nowhere Fast [Closed, Max/Alejandra]
Shh! I'm on the phone. [open] I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 9:51 am by Maxim Jensen

» LEAVING FOREVER
Shh! I'm on the phone. [open] I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 2:35 am by Alejandra Rocha

» Leto's Loadout
Shh! I'm on the phone. [open] I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 6:50 am by Maxim Jensen

» Little trip
Shh! I'm on the phone. [open] I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 6:37 am by Mattias Rosen

» Sponge, The Sexiest Man, and his equally sexy cast
Shh! I'm on the phone. [open] I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2012 9:37 am by Isidora Leto

Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 138 on Wed May 15, 2019 6:02 am
Top posting users this week
No user

Affiliates
Modern Day Alchemists

Pokemon Spectrum

INSERT COINS HERE!

MG

MG

The Bleach Society Role-Play

STAFF

THE BRIT:

THE GERMAN:

THE STONER:

THE DRUNKARD:

Shh! I'm on the phone. [open]

2 posters

Go down

Shh! I'm on the phone. [open] Empty Shh! I'm on the phone. [open]

Post  Alexis Roland Sat Jul 28, 2012 3:59 pm

Somewhere in Italy....

The day was cool to the temperature. Her eyes creaked open to the sights of Italy. Wafting scents from the streets, vendors out and about. The weekend and laughter was all about. A world beneath her, a new land where there was nothing but the casual passerby. People going about their days like any other. This was an average day for an average person. She looked around and a sigh fell from her lips. Italy, so much to do and yet all of it had been done already. She'd lived here nearly two years and though there seemed to be so much to do and see, she'd accomplished most of it in attempts to flee the horrid visions of her past. Casually, she picked at her frozen flavored drink, using the spoon to dig at the hidden flavors. Mmm, the taste in her mouth was remarkable. As she finished the last of it, she pulled herself to her feet. Driving onward to the trashcan, she dropped it away and then licked her lips. It still lingered, as if a present for later. She didn't mind. She liked the taste and was gladly savoring each last drop.

Cars passed by and Alexis simply watched. She had nowhere to be and all of her friends were busy. This gave her time to herself, time.. she didn't know what to do with. That meant it was time to day dream and space out. YAY! The sky was a beautiful assortment of whites and blues that caught her attention. As she walked, she found she was soon in her lala-land. Not paying mind in the slightest even when her cell phone began to ring. Not a clue was leaked that she was there. There was a face and a mind, a moving body but not a light was on behind those eyes. This led her to run directly into a woman and fall over, looking around confused. An expression on her face asking what the hell had just happened. Her eyes looked left then right then at a very annoyed looking woman who murmured a curse under her breath... whoops...

Taking a mental note to be careful, Alexis pulled to her feet and looked around. Where was she even headed? There her phone went again. This time, a text that rang loudly through the air, reminding her to check her phone. After fumbling it from her pocket, she flipped the phone open and read the words. "This movie is lame." She'd been texted. Her friend had been stuck going with family to see it, so really it was no surprise the complaint even came. Quickly she responded, clicking the buttons and pressing send, waiting for the okay and then closing the phone. Her eyes wandered and she began to think of what she could do next. It seemed to be a rather dull day in all, but those were the best.
Alexis Roland
Alexis Roland
LIVING DATABASE

Dossier
Aspect Level: Primary
Power: Absolute Memory
Codename: Gamma

Back to top Go down

Shh! I'm on the phone. [open] Empty Re: Shh! I'm on the phone. [open]

Post  Guido Esposito Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:00 pm

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSH!

Chuckling almost silently over the powerful roar of his Hayabusa, king of two-wheeled beasts, Guido tore along the highway at the posted limit of One hundred and thirty kilometers per hour, quite enjoying the thrill of his motorcycle and the wind flowing by as he cut through it like a knife. Ah, Italy; supposedly, his homeland, but he knew little about his origins. He'd driven from Portugal to Italy, along the many highways of Spain and France, but had finally arrived. Ever since joining up with Max's merry band of lunatics, he had been itching for travel, for sightseeing, for good times that kept on keeping on. So he was taking a trip to Italy, ancient land of kings, and the homeland of many inventions, artworks, culinary creations, and architectural design. He let off the gas as he turned off the main highway, zipping along a city road now, and he slowed down a bit more as he stopped at a café. Parking his bike, he retrieved for himself a nice cappucino, and gripping it in one hand, he drove with just the other (and perhaps with a bit of extra influence~) to a parking garage. Heading over to a bike rack (no, it was not intended for motorcycles. :D Guido does what Guido does!), he locked up his motorcycle in the locks and such used for bike protection, considering many a man would steal a parked motorcycle, especially of the model he drove. He then took his coffee and stepped out into the streets, sipping his drink as he glanced around. With a smile, he sighed. "So good to be back..."

He walked for a good little while, too, until he turned up his drink to finish it off, just as a woman passed him by, on her phone. Not able to see through his coffee cup (he's a technopath, not Superman! Dx), he collided with the poor woman, and stumbled a bit, as he knocked her over. Catching her by the wrists, though, he brought her back upright before she hit the hard concrete of the sidewalk. "I am so sorry, ma'am, I wasn't paying any attention to where I was going. Are you alright?"
Guido Esposito
Guido Esposito
FOX ON THE RUN

Dossier
Power: Technopathy
Codename: Pi

Back to top Go down

Post  Alexis Roland Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:31 am

It seemed in the middle of texting, Alexis would run into an obstacle. A rather bold obstacle that also grabbed her wrists as she fell. Alexis shouted in surprise, a scream of help that made her look rather silly as the man WAS helping her. At first though, she hadn't been able to distinguish a kind hand and a dangerous one. Her eyes clutched tight; avoiding the sight of an attacker. It happened once in a while where people got jumped in Italy and though people were around, Alexis was on her own. She squirmed to break free but as the kind hands were not holding her angrily, she slowly came to her senses. Blue embraced the air and her long gold hair made a bit of a sway in response. Oddly enough her hands were free to slide out of his grip as she straightened herself. She looked terrified, eyes upon him. This boy- She recognized him. Even if only by a passing glance, it was as if she had took in his every detail in a matter of hours compared to the few seconds it had actually been. Her body shook and she stumbled back.

Her whole body shivered as if she were sick, her face paling as well. Maybe a better response was to act like he was just some stranger but he was- one of them.. The memory flashed again, browsing bodies with a gentle glance. He was there. NO. NONONONONO COINCIDENCE. I'm normal. I'm normal. I'm normal. She chanted momentarily, looking outwardly like she was about to pass out. Control yourself Lexi. Get control. Keep control. I AM NORMAL. I AM NORMAL. The only person who needed convincing, was herself. Why couldn't she believe herself? Her memory was not lying, over the last couple of years, she had learned it. Unfortunately this man was from that very moment. However, she could try and pass it as if she didn't know him. Her voice a nervous and insincere laugh. "S-sorry. I got light-headed. It's been hot lately." Of course it was no lie. It HAD been hot, but then again, it WAS Italy. Unfortunately, that left her looking like a bit of a dingbat. If she was light-headed, she should have been drinking something to hydrate her, instead of texting on-

-HER PHONE! It was busted. The pieces on the ground, scattered into 4 bits, the top, the bottom, the battery and the cover. "Nooo...." Her voice came as a desperate groan while her body collapsed to the ground in defeat. With her hands reaching and scooping in a failed attempt to piece it together, she felt tears brimming. Her-her PHONE! It was dead. He had killed her phone. That murderer! Her eyes spoke she wouldn't forgive him for this, but it was only a few seconds later that she sighed and simply let it all go. She'd just have to get a new one. No matter HOW annoying that was. It was a sad day for her cell phone, maybe later it would get a burial. Her blue orbs rose to him and she gave a soft smile. "I'm fine. It's really my fault.. I should have been watching where I was going."
Alexis Roland
Alexis Roland
LIVING DATABASE

Dossier

Back to top Go down

Post  Guido Esposito Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:18 am

Taking a moment to collect his thoughts on the situation, Guido believed, for a moment or two, that he knew this woman from somewhere... Somehow...

Nah, probably not. As she stood back on her own two feet, he noticed a bit of fear and distress emanating from her, if only briefly. It didn't seem TOO odd, as he was a total stranger to her and if she only knew the half of it, he was one of the stranger strangers she'd ever meet. Although, if he knew the half of it, he'd have known that perhaps she'd not have thought such...

At any rate, he gave a rare friendly smile as she admitted to it partly being her fault. Chuckling lightly, he shook his head. "Ah, well, I guess we were both at fault then, though myself especially; one should take heed not to walk while enjoyng a nice cup of coffee, lest you be distracted! Ah, but that is of no certain importance. I'm truly sorry for having bumped into you, and-" He stopped as he noticed something on the pavement. Her phone. The poor, poor, wounded one. "I'm sorry about your phone as well... Here, let me make it up to you." Smiling, he knelt down and gathered the remains of the device, and with the power vested within, he became immersed in the phone. With his connection to it maintained, and with his own knowledge of technology, he quickly took the pieces and within a minute or so, had completely pieced it back together. The battery had been rather ruined by the fall, so he charged it with a bit of his own energy, not much more than making him a bit drowsier, but not by much. It was a simple task. The screen, too, was cracked so he took from his pocket his own phone and with deft hands, removed the screen from both phones, transplanting screens between them. Standing fully upright, he handed the device back to her. "There you go, all better. Now, it may need a new battery, but it should be operable for about three and a half days, before the battery drains. You may have to have it replaced, since I wouldn't advise putting it on the charger any time soon."
Guido Esposito
Guido Esposito
FOX ON THE RUN

Dossier

Back to top Go down

Post  Alexis Roland Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:53 pm

Her eyes swept to this man. His hand fixing the phone before her. She watched in amazement as if he were some sort of amazing mechanic. In a matter of seconds the device was back to one piece. How he had managed that was simply a miracle. Her hand reaching out and touching it as if it were foreign, before swiping it and rapidly pressing the on button. After she got her minor freak out done, she held the on button down and watched the screen light up. Okay, there was still time! Sure her phone was going to die from phone Aids but at least she had time to get a nice replacement. Though, on her salary, it wouldn't be nearly as nice. Her eyes closed and she took a deep breath, ready to confront her fears. This man.

His face filled her eyes and she simply took in the everything she could about him. Both of them were Italian it seemed, but her skin and hair made her feel out of place. Tucking her phone away for now, she held out her hand, a bit shakily. "Uhmm thank you, sir. My name is Alexis. I can't thank you enough for keeping my phone on life support." She admitted through a soft and shy drawl. It was a bit odd for her to meet random guys she knew she'd met before sometime. For now, it didn't matter. What mattered was what they were going to do next. Should she shuffle awkwardly away or ask him to grab a bite of food or something? After all, she felt kind of guilty for running into him and then he so kindly fixed her phone. Alexis wasn't good around boys. "Err.. Do you want to grab a doughnut or something?" Her finger jabbed towards the nearest bakery. It was an 'if you want to then cool, if not I tried' sort of moment.

Her eyes adverted from his, as if secretly hidden from him. What was it she was thinking? The stolen glances, the panic in her heart. Make the past go away. That horrid dream that never happened needed to fade away into nothingness once again. Alexis was just a secretary. That was all there was to it. Not some weird lab-related clone or something weird like that she watched in some movies. She was human, normal.. normal.. She was normal.. Again she was trying to convince herself.
Alexis Roland
Alexis Roland
LIVING DATABASE

Dossier

Back to top Go down

Post  Guido Esposito Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:36 pm

Ah, she seemed happy about her phone. Smiling slightly after handing it to her, he decided to be a bit more generous as well. "Oh, and as it really was my fault your phone was damaged, I can pay for a new battery for it, if you'd like." Shoving a hand into his pocket, he counted out eighty Euros (about a hundred dollars, USD~) and extended them to her. "Not quite sure what your model of phone would cost for a new battery, but this should be sufficient to cover anything it needs, ne?" After handing her the money, politely reassuring her to take it, that he had more, should she decline, he listened to her speak, introducing herself. Accepting the shaky hand, he gave a light handshake. "Guido. Lovely meeting you, Alexis." As he smiled, he couldn't help feel he recognized her! Somewhere... Somewhere... But then he had to give a slight chuckle to her expression of thanks, smiling back to her. "You're very much welcome. I enjoy repairing phones, computers, cars, and the like, actually. So, perhaps I should be thanking you?" With another soft chuckle, he listened as she offered to go to a bakery with him.

As it chanced, it was a place he quite enjoyed eating at; they had a lovely dining area, doubling as a café, and served a splendid chicken and lettuce panino on ciabatta, as well as a nice raisin panettone, and even had a plate of farinata on the breakfast menu. And of course, donuts. "Donuts you say? Well, it is around brunch time, and my poor cappuccino met a similar fate as your phone, albeit a bit less expensive and easier to replace." So he walked with her to the shop, and got the door for her, always a proper gent, albeit not normally as social as he was being. Then again, it felt somewhat right to be so social at this place and this time; perhaps destiny was trying to shove answers and questions and information in general into his face? Well, whatever Lady Fate was up to, it was right over Guido's head; currently, he could care less if he got his donuts. Stepping up to the cashier, he smiled. "Buon giorno, ma'am. Hmm... I'll have two of your chocolate cream-filled donuts, with powdered sugar aaaaaand..." Glancing at the menu, also a bit more famished than normal, he soon decided what he wanted. "A small slice of pandoro, and a cup of affogato, I suppose. " Stepping back, he allowed Alexis to order, and when the orders were ready, he received his and let her choose the booth. Sitting at the booth, he flashed her a smile, as he poured coffee into his cup of ice cream, both of which came with his affogato. "Ah, sorry for the long order; I skipped breakfast, as I was traveling quite a bit prior to our meeting. Just left Portugal, actually, not that long ago."
Guido Esposito
Guido Esposito
FOX ON THE RUN

Dossier

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down