The Daedalus Cycle

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Daedalus Cycle
The Daedalus Cycle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Shh! I'm on the phone. [open]
~Good Titles Ain't Cheap, Y'know?~ (Panic and Guido) I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2012 2:36 pm by Guido Esposito

» ~Good Titles Ain't Cheap, Y'know?~ (Panic and Guido)
~Good Titles Ain't Cheap, Y'know?~ (Panic and Guido) I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2012 9:40 am by Guido Esposito

» ~Lesser of the Two?~
~Good Titles Ain't Cheap, Y'know?~ (Panic and Guido) I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 4:01 pm by Sofia Petrovin

» Temp. Hiatus
~Good Titles Ain't Cheap, Y'know?~ (Panic and Guido) I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 3:13 pm by Sofia Petrovin

» Going Nowhere Fast [Closed, Max/Alejandra]
~Good Titles Ain't Cheap, Y'know?~ (Panic and Guido) I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 9:51 am by Maxim Jensen

» LEAVING FOREVER
~Good Titles Ain't Cheap, Y'know?~ (Panic and Guido) I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 2:35 am by Alejandra Rocha

» Leto's Loadout
~Good Titles Ain't Cheap, Y'know?~ (Panic and Guido) I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 6:50 am by Maxim Jensen

» Little trip
~Good Titles Ain't Cheap, Y'know?~ (Panic and Guido) I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 6:37 am by Mattias Rosen

» Sponge, The Sexiest Man, and his equally sexy cast
~Good Titles Ain't Cheap, Y'know?~ (Panic and Guido) I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2012 9:37 am by Isidora Leto

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 138 on Wed May 15, 2019 6:02 am
Top posting users this week
No user

Affiliates
Modern Day Alchemists

Pokemon Spectrum

INSERT COINS HERE!

MG

MG

The Bleach Society Role-Play

STAFF

THE BRIT:

THE GERMAN:

THE STONER:

THE DRUNKARD:

~Good Titles Ain't Cheap, Y'know?~ (Panic and Guido)

2 posters

Go down

~Good Titles Ain't Cheap, Y'know?~ (Panic and Guido) Empty ~Good Titles Ain't Cheap, Y'know?~ (Panic and Guido)

Post  Guido Esposito Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:21 am

Hmmmmmmmmmm... Kneeling down beside this beloved machine of his, Guido laid his hands upon it, and clasped on firmly. Within seconds, electricity shoot through his very veins, it seemed, flowing into and out of the mechanical thing he held as closely as a brother. "Aaaaaaaand... Fantastico! Good as new!" And he held up the toaster, as it WAS his toaster he'd been repairing just then, and examined it. Deciding to test it, he plopped in a tasty slice of focaccia and pushed down on the toaster's little push-down thingy. A few moments later, the bread exploded from the toaster, striking first the ceiling of the garage-type room, then slammed into a wall, and finally came to rest on a stool, a few meters from Guido. With a sigh and a smile, the Italian walked over to pick it up, and retrieved from his pocket a small vial of olive oil and a shaker of finely ground garlic, both of which he lightly applied to his snack, after brushing it off on his shirt, not particularly fretting over where it's been. Taking a bite, he returned to his position, standing next to his Hayabusa. "Right, now that lunch has been taken care of, time for a little repair job."

After finishing off his toast, he set to work with a wrench and his hands, fixing up any and all damage the bike may have taken during his escape from the hands of Typhon's clenching grasp. Ah, the fools... Having brought life into the world, the foolish simpletons assumed it was quite easy to take back their creations when they'd made the biggest mistake possible; the Children had been granted free will. Autonomy. Something he'd have surely restricted, had he been the creator of The Children. Ah, no matter. Despite the severe logical failure of Typhon, he was glad of that blunder, for it gave him the free will to not be subject to them anymore, nor ever again.

And then, of course, Gaia had come along and forced him to stop running, forced him to turn and face them that gave chase. Well, it was certainly better than being manipulated by Typhon; though... If he thought about it, what did it matter who was manipulating him, using him, for his power? Gaia was doing the same... the only difference was, he could eventually leave Gaia. Be it when Typhon was obliterated, or be it when he could finally escape Gaia, riding into the night not to return, he could eventually leave.

He was so caught up in his thoughts, the footsteps were within a few meters of him when he heard them, directly behind him. "Ah, buon giorno. Friend or foe?" Standing from his kneeling position, Guido turned to face the intruder to his solitude...
Guido Esposito
Guido Esposito
FOX ON THE RUN

Dossier
Aspect Level: Primary
Power: Technopathy
Codename: Pi

Back to top Go down

~Good Titles Ain't Cheap, Y'know?~ (Panic and Guido) Empty Re: ~Good Titles Ain't Cheap, Y'know?~ (Panic and Guido)

Post  Panic Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:09 am

Routine house checks. Even for Panic, the man of grey skin, grey hair, grey everything, who spent all day with paperwork up to his chin, the man who balanced books for Gaia and planned all the travel routes, taking things to such a menial level of detail as to be checking the material used to make the seats on a boat in a Japanese dock... and even he found the routine inspections around Jensen Estate to be dry. It was that so much of it was either unimportant or that everything was exactly the same as the day before, and it took too long, when he could be doing something that would have results. If there was one person he eagerly awaited for Maxim to 'hire', it would be a housekeeper. But it had to be done, to Panic's chargrin.

The simplest was the place where he usually began; the pantry. An army marches on its stomach, so Panic made sure that every fridge and cupboard was stocked, and all those stocks were still ediable. He had once tried to convince Maxim that maybe they should take the approach of the British army and feed everyone nothing but basic rationing, just so that they were used to the kind of food they'd get on the road or in a several day long battle, but that idea was quickly shot down due to everyone having their own creature comforts they couldn't give up, like Maxim's cigarettes or Jasmine's lollipops. So Panic comprimised; he secretly bought the cheapest, lowest quality food that would last the longest. Petty, yes, but if they knew just how much better their travelling was having gotten used to budget food, they'd thank him. As a bonus, it took very little out of the budget.

The armoury was next; he didn't have the time to fire every gun, and he knew constantly testing them would take a toll on the lifespan of their various components, so he settled for simply looking at each component, the springs and the barrels and everything else, for signs of disrepair. Also to be checked was the stock of bullets, which was kept consistent and large.

This kind of process went on at every point of checking, from all the possible entry points of the house for signs of an intruder to the state of every room and escape route, though the final place to check was the only one that required Panic to set outside the building; the vehicles. The garage was exceedingly large, holding a multitude of vehicles ranging from the personal choices of the inhabitants to the fleet of standard provided cars and bikes, mostly stuff that would easily blend into Lisbon, cars commonly bought in Spain and would simply be lost in the crowd. Only a few were made for actual speed and durability for going into battle or a quick getaway. Panic preferred to be concealed than to be in a quick or strong machine; he did have a speedboat hidden at the Lisbon ports for an escape, in a warehouse only he knew existed, but he wanted to get there with no one on his tail. Anonymity was more valuable to Panic than power.

However, when he entered the garage, he heard a thing he did not expect; another person.

"Ah, buon giorno. Friend or foe?" The voice wasn't one he had heard much of yet, and certainly not addressed to him; it was mainly during his research that he found a rare audio clip of this man, but the voice did remind Panic of the frustration of finding this particular target. Panic was one of, if not the, world's greatest escape artists, and even he was impressed at just how slippery the technopath was. If he hadn't thought to have check the amount of complaints of technical interference in various areas, Gaia may never have found Guido Esposito.

"It depends on whether or not you're as annoying to talk to as you were to find, Mister Esposito." Panic said, shuffling towards the black haired Italian, his high shoulders making him look like he was stooping over. He extended out a thin, bony hand for Guido to shake. "Ernest Shernaston, though most know me better as Panic. If I may ask, what do you know of the condition of the vehicles in here?"
Panic
Panic
SAXUM, UNDA, AER

Dossier
Power: Tangibility
Codename: Lambda

Back to top Go down

~Good Titles Ain't Cheap, Y'know?~ (Panic and Guido) Empty Re: ~Good Titles Ain't Cheap, Y'know?~ (Panic and Guido)

Post  Guido Esposito Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:40 am

Guido turned to look at the man, also standing from his kneeling position, and upon examination, he noticed immediately the man before him was... Gray. Everything about him, really. Skin held gray tones, gray hair, gray clothes, gray EVERYTHING. And stony black eyes, of course. He looked pretty skeletal, actually, though he was likely not the necromancer Guido's heard of, overhearing a conversation at some point. When the man spoke, though, the voice suited him. Icy, stony; cold, overall. While normally it would come off as unpleasant, or drone, Guido figured it fitting to a man so akin to granite.

As he spoke, Guido winced ever so slightly at the referral to his name. No, it wasn't that he'd figured nobody knew of him; rather, he preferred Guido over Mr. Esposito. Which he explained. "Hrm... If I could but ask you a sole favor, it would be that you refer to me as Guido. Mr. Guido, if it is your preference for formality. But not Esposito. I've gathered a very, very small amount of information from Typhon's databases, mostly things of little importance, as much else is locked up incredibly tight, but of it all, I found that Esposito was not my name by birth; likely, I was given the name in reference to my origins, as the name is orphan in the English language, and I'd assume that was my background. Otherwise, I know little else, I'm afraid." And it was true; he'd done a bit of snooping around, but soon after learning the little he did know, he was discovered, and the page was placed under heavier security. In fact, most of their servers likely went under heightened lock and key, the paranoids. Then, of course, he fled his location, as always, sure they'd pinned him to an IP, and likewise sure it was him; few others had the time, motive, and skill to crack their systems, if only temporarily, and after much planning and preparation.

And now Guido smiled ever so slightly, a very small contraction of a few muscles in his mouth, and he spoke again. "But in response, no, I don't think I'm quite that annoying, though that is for you to decide, I suppose." And again, the man spoke, as Guido returned to his work, repairing his bike, while glancing up at the man now and then. "Good meeting you, Mr. Shernaston. As to the condition of these vehicles? Atrocious; some are in the most God-awful shape I've seen in ages, upon a closer inspection. But not to worry; I can have these fixed up in no time. But I do have a question for you; this is the garage, yes, but does Gaia have a dock? or a hangar, perhaps? Surely if these vehicles are in such shape, the others would be likewise?" Well... It was NORMALLY a bad idea to insult the vehicles of the group holding you captive, particularly if he wanted anyone to like him at all. But hey. Guido was GOING to be Guido, no matter what anyone did.
Guido Esposito
Guido Esposito
FOX ON THE RUN

Dossier
Power: Technopathy
Codename: Pi

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down