The Daedalus Cycle

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Daedalus Cycle
The Daedalus Cycle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Shh! I'm on the phone. [open]
Beckoned [Gabriel and Marie, Moscow outskirts] I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2012 2:36 pm by Guido Esposito

» ~Good Titles Ain't Cheap, Y'know?~ (Panic and Guido)
Beckoned [Gabriel and Marie, Moscow outskirts] I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2012 9:40 am by Guido Esposito

» ~Lesser of the Two?~
Beckoned [Gabriel and Marie, Moscow outskirts] I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 4:01 pm by Sofia Petrovin

» Temp. Hiatus
Beckoned [Gabriel and Marie, Moscow outskirts] I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 3:13 pm by Sofia Petrovin

» Going Nowhere Fast [Closed, Max/Alejandra]
Beckoned [Gabriel and Marie, Moscow outskirts] I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 9:51 am by Maxim Jensen

» LEAVING FOREVER
Beckoned [Gabriel and Marie, Moscow outskirts] I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 2:35 am by Alejandra Rocha

» Leto's Loadout
Beckoned [Gabriel and Marie, Moscow outskirts] I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 6:50 am by Maxim Jensen

» Little trip
Beckoned [Gabriel and Marie, Moscow outskirts] I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 6:37 am by Mattias Rosen

» Sponge, The Sexiest Man, and his equally sexy cast
Beckoned [Gabriel and Marie, Moscow outskirts] I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2012 9:37 am by Isidora Leto

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 138 on Wed May 15, 2019 6:02 am
Top posting users this week
No user

Affiliates
Modern Day Alchemists

Pokemon Spectrum

INSERT COINS HERE!

MG

MG

The Bleach Society Role-Play

STAFF

THE BRIT:

THE GERMAN:

THE STONER:

THE DRUNKARD:

Beckoned [Gabriel and Marie, Moscow outskirts]

2 posters

Go down

Beckoned [Gabriel and Marie, Moscow outskirts] Empty Beckoned [Gabriel and Marie, Moscow outskirts]

Post  Gabriel Jensen Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:19 am

Though it was the afternoon sun shining down on Moscow, the Russian city was still damn cold. For one particular man on the outskirts of the river city however, this was not an issue. Of course, the native Russians took to the climate with relative indifference as was expected, but one look at the man gave away that he was not accustomed to life here. He was, in a word, tall. Such was natural of the Russian people, but this man was titanic. In addition, the yellow-blond mess of hair hanging from his massive head further implied that his height was not a result of any muscovite descent. Were that not enough, the ominous air that seemed to follow him suggested, almost declared that he was something alien to this land.

Of course, all of that could have been ignored if one simply noticed the Typhon insignia emblazoned upon the breast of his coat.

Gabriel Jensen did not at all mind being left to himself on the Russian frontier. After they’d shipped him out to the Hydra Complex he’d been allowed to roam wherever he pleased. He knew that someone, somewhere was keeping an eye on him. It didn’t matter. Gabriel was not the wisest of men, but he knew why he was here. He knew that Typhon had set him loose simply because it was better to have him doing damage in the vast Eurasian realm than in their own facilities. They had predicted, and accurately enough, that a man of Gabriel’s inclinations would stay far enough from civilization so as not to damage Typhon’s reputation by say, tearing down a city.

He knew he was in exile, and he didn’t care. If anything, it was entertaining. He was free to patrol as he pleased. Occasionally he’d be given a name of someone whose skull they wanted cracked, and if he felt like it maybe he’d just get the job done for them. Best of all, none of those damned scientists with their needles, their electrodes, their various “stimuli” to incite a response from him. The very thought made him well up with outrage. He stopped in his tracks, his two mammoth hands running up to his hairline and gripping his skull in some hopeless attempt to tear out the demons stirring in his mind. Gabriel felt his knees buckle, releasing an involuntary growl that he only half managed to swallow up.

The cold wind brushed by his face, seeming almost to whisper some calming words in his ear. Gabriel relaxed slightly, slumping down into an exhausted posture and looking out at the sun. That was another thing he liked about the cold. It was soothing somehow. In the cold, his body functions slowed as they would for most life forms. It was of course a barely noticeable change, but it could be the difference that prevented an… incident. That was especially important this close to a major city like Moscow. He figured Typhon’d try putting him back in the cell if he broke any skyscrapers. He didn’t, really really did not want to go back in the cell.

They’d said they’d be calling on him personally if his skills were ever needed. He’d actually laughed when they said it, because even he knew the ability to crush a human head wasn’t really much of a skill. In any case, nobody had contacted him with anything big yet, which was fine with him. He figured they’d only be shipping out a gun as big as he was in cases where firepower was more important than tact, and that just didn’t seem like Typhon’s style. So he waited, anticipating the day that the end of the world would rear its ugly head and his masters, in all their desperation, would finally call on him.

It so happened that the end of the world began today.
Gabriel Jensen
Gabriel Jensen
TANK SHREDDER

Dossier
Aspect Level: Secondary
Power: Rage
Codename: Omega

Back to top Go down

Beckoned [Gabriel and Marie, Moscow outskirts] Empty Re: Beckoned [Gabriel and Marie, Moscow outskirts]

Post  Janice 'Marie' Hayes Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:33 pm

En route to Moscow, 1700 Hours

Marie stared out the window of the aeroplane, the grey skies of Russia open before her like some drab sea. The chill of the glass from the window could reach her even in her seat, and she allowed herself a sigh of frustration at her current mission. The window fogged with her exhalation, temporarily clouding her vision of the wintry mix outside.

I have to admit, this place suits him, She thought, wiping off the window. She looked back down at the small manilla envelope in her lap. The only thing decorating it's crisp surface was a greek letter - Omega. There was so much meaning behind that simple image that even now Marie felt her hair stand on end.

Omega. Gabriel Jensen. I was glad when you were finally shipped off to this desolate place. And who'd have thought that I'd be the one to come and get you.

"Ms. Hayes, we are approaching the facility. Please buckle into your seat.." The voice of the pilot came over the cabin. She obliged, the belt giving a satisfying *click* as she settled in for the rest of her flight.

Outskirts of Moscow, some time later

After landing at the Hydra facility and checking in with the heads of staff, Marie had wasted no time in beginning the search of Gabe. She had little trouble with finding him- after all, how easily does one hide when they were as large as Gabe was? She received word from some of the Hydra personnel that Omega would stick to the outer parts of the city, near the wilderness. And so she struck out into the cold, windy Russian winter with a sensible parka and matching ushanka.

Which is how, when the half-contained growl carried on the wind reached her ears, Marie knew she was on the trail. She followed the sound- and the massive footprints - until she saw the hulking figure of Gabe ahead, and she put on her best smile. Giving a small cough to clear her throat, she said,

"*Ahem*. It's been a while, Omega."

Last edited by Janice 'Marie' Hayes on Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Janice 'Marie' Hayes
Janice 'Marie' Hayes
THE LAMIA

Dossier
Aspect Level: Primary
Power: Corrosion
Codename: Xi

Back to top Go down

Beckoned [Gabriel and Marie, Moscow outskirts] Empty Re: Beckoned [Gabriel and Marie, Moscow outskirts]

Post  Gabriel Jensen Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:32 pm

Omega. That letter again. Upon hearing his old designation, Gabriel’s senses were suddenly put on red-alert. The man tensed, standing back up to his full height before turning around to face the source of the unwelcome voice. Whoever spoke to him now knew too much about him, and if they weren’t lucky his letter would be the last word they ever said.

Before him stood a woman, a relatively tiny woman with short brown hair. She seemed to know him, which came as no surprise to him. He was well known among the members of Typhon, his capabilities being well known throughout the organization. The higher ups had tried to keep him a secret for months after, but eventually word got out. Since that day, members of the company who had a particularly high standing among the ranks had grown quite familiar with the anomaly known as Gabriel Jensen. However, it was rare that he recognized them in turn. Yet there was something familiar about this particular woman. She was more than some worthless scientist or militant.

“It’s Gabriel,” he muttered. He was speaking at about half the decibel level of his standard speaking voice, and still it carried easily through the air. It was then that the realization hit him. Suddenly, he was bombarded by memories of a room polluted by white light. She had been there with him. She was one of his “siblings” from Typhon’s little experiment, one of the ones that had remained loyal. Truth be told, he thought that running around the globe doing their bidding for no benefit of your own was a little spineless.

“What the hell did they send you out here for?” he asked, a slight smirk spreading over his face. It was not often that Gabriel allowed a smile to cross his lips, and even a small expression of amusement was somehow terrifying when presented on his face. “Don’t tell me you’re too much of a liability now too, sweetheart. As far as I could tell you was always one of their favorite little lapdogs.”

As gears continued to turn, albeit slowly in his head, Gabriel’s large gray eyes narrowed in suspicion. “Unless they sent you to bring me back for some more of their damned experiments, in which case you can turn around right now, march yourself back to those four-eyed bastards, and tell them that if they want to touch me again they’re going to need to build a bigger cage. A much, much bigger cage.”
Gabriel Jensen
Gabriel Jensen
TANK SHREDDER

Dossier

Back to top Go down

Post  Janice 'Marie' Hayes Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:45 am

The brute acknowledged her, which was a start. Initiate contact. Check. Now, to win him over. She stood her ground, waiting for his reaction. Even though he muttered his response, it carried through the air like a cannon's shot.

"It's Gabriel."

Well, there goes my first impression, She thought, quickly adopting what she hoped would be a disarming smile. She remained quiet while he ranted at her.

“What the hell did they send you out here for? Don’t tell me you’re too much of a liability now too, sweetheart. As far as I could tell you was always one of their favorite little lapdogs. Unless they sent you to bring me back for some more of their damned experiments, in which case you can turn around right now, march yourself back to those four-eyed bastards, and tell them that if they want to touch me again they’re going to need to build a bigger cage. A much, much bigger cage.”

Marie waited a few moments more, Gabriel's words hanging in the air. They were heavy with vitriol, which was understandable coming from the one known as 'Achilles'. The 'lapdog' comment did sting, but Marie forced herself to continue smiling. Sensing a need to speak, Marie said,

"Don't worry, Gabriel. I am not here to drag you back to some egg-head's laboratory. No, I come with...a request," With this, she began to walk forward. Present a strong, assertive presence. Animals respect that. She stopped a few feet from her 'brother', and smiled up at him. "How would you like to help me bring some of...our wayward Siblings home? It might do you some good to get some exercise."
Janice 'Marie' Hayes
Janice 'Marie' Hayes
THE LAMIA

Dossier

Back to top Go down

Post  Gabriel Jensen Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:58 pm

If this woman thought she was going to somehow win him over, she was as much of a fool as her superiors. He knew her well enough to be on his guard, for it was not just her ability that made this girl venomous. Her tongue was a weapon as mighty as the acid that her body produced, or so she thought. Gabriel knew well enough what those at Typhon thought of him, that he was a stupid beast meant only to be controlled. Well, let them think that. The more they underestimated him, the better it would be when they fell and he stayed standing.

Even so, Marie’s words were not entirely ineffective on him, and Gabriel soon found himself hungry for more information on these rogue children. If it were anything to do with Gaia, and it probably was, he would be more than satisfied to oblige this woman. It was Gaia who had abandoned him in that laboratory, who had left him to fend for himself while they made a swift getaway. Worst of all, it was his brother, his own biological twin who had lead the charge and left him to years of torment. Ever since the day his father had revealed that sickening truth to him, he had ceased to be a wild beast and instead become a concentrated force directed at one target and one target only: Revenge. Typhon’s goals had no meaning to him. He’d never taken the time to really consider them anyway. All that mattered was vindication.

“Where?” he asked, not attempting to mask his interest. The single word was delivered with all the force of a freight train, and vicious intent lay ill-concealed beneath its surface. He trudged up to her, his stony face bearing a grim and emotionless expression. “Where are they?”
Gabriel Jensen
Gabriel Jensen
TANK SHREDDER

Dossier

Back to top Go down

Post  Janice 'Marie' Hayes Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:58 pm

"Where. Where are they?"

A choice stream of expletives flashed through Marie's brain has Gabriel moved towards her. Stay calm, you have to stay calm. She told herself, tensing up as the mountain of a man got closer. For a moment she regretted not having a sidearm- though it would only serve to make him angrier. Instead, she took a slight inhalation of breath- if she had to, she resolved to use her power to escape.

The fallout of such an act, though, was less than ideal. To attack a fellow Child- especially one as powerful as Gabriel, was asking for a relentless enemy. No, the best course is to remain non-threatening. Perhaps a change in dialogue is in order. She thought, and so she responded in a more direct fashion.

"Germany. I can't give you any more information than that at this time," She lied, knowing full well the details contained in the report. But, if she were to get Gabriel to comply, she'd need to bring him into a briefing room- not have the chance of him bounding off from this very spot. They needed a plan- and he needed to know it.

"We'll be working with a cell of P.U.R.G.E. to track down these Children, and we want to bring them in. Alive, and if possible, on our side. Come with me back to the base, and we can fully debrief you."

With this, she turned to walk back, casing a look over her right shoulder. She waited to see if he would follow.
Janice 'Marie' Hayes
Janice 'Marie' Hayes
THE LAMIA

Dossier

Back to top Go down

Post  Gabriel Jensen Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:20 am

The brute looked down at Marie for a moment, assessing what she’d just told him. “Germany, huh?”

Gabriel harrumphed something to himself that sounded almost like a chuckle of amusement. “I don’t much feel like working with a team of juiced-up lackeys trying to feed me orders,” he muttered, turning away from the girl and starting off into the emptiness outside the city. “Too many rules for a guy like me. Now run along home and tell the folks at home I’ll handle it myself.”

They wouldn’t be too hard to find. Having it narrowed down to one country was all he needed to start a search. Pick up leads, intelligence, and various other things he could literally shake out of people. His siblings were trying to hide, but if there was one thing Gabriel was certain of, it was that people like them could never stay hidden for long.

An expression of contentment came over his face as he walked away. Poison girl liked to think she was smart, and here she was looking like a fool at his hands. The very idea of it was enough to bring him to a point of sadistic happiness. The girl had shown her hand too early, thinking she could so easily outwit hulking jester. Now the joke was on her.

“Sorry, sweetheart.”
Gabriel Jensen
Gabriel Jensen
TANK SHREDDER

Dossier

Back to top Go down

Post  Janice 'Marie' Hayes Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:34 am

“Germany, huh?”

Marie nodded, a glimmer of hope filling her. Perhaps she had managed to convince Gabriel to come with her- the first step in getting this mission started. And if I can get him under my thumb now, I can work on training him later. She schemed.

Said scheming came to an abrupt end when Gabriel crushed her dreams like he would most other things- brutally.

“I don’t much feel like working with a team of juiced-up lackeys trying to feed me orders. Too many rules for a guy like me. Now run along home and tell the folks at home I’ll handle it myself.”

At the words 'run along', Marie felt her face fill with color. 'Run along' like a schoolgirl? Like a child!? She fumed inside, creating a mountain out of the molehill comment. Gabriel's continued talk didn't help matters.

“Sorry, sweetheart.”

Marie's eyes narrowed to slits, and she put on a wide, thin grin. With a puff of air exhaled, she decided to fire one parting shot before leaving. In her most professional voice, she said,

"Very well, Brother. I'll inform the higher ups that you would rather go it alone on this one. I wish you well. And please- do take care. Any incidents may be cause for a reassessment of your ability to remain... independent."
Janice 'Marie' Hayes
Janice 'Marie' Hayes
THE LAMIA

Dossier

Back to top Go down

Post  Gabriel Jensen Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:06 pm

Gabriel had been satisfied to leave the woman out in the cold, but upon hearing her words he was halted in his tracks. The cloud of acid would have been enough, warning shot though it might have been, but it was her words that sent him spiraling over the edge. The snide, superior sound tone in her voice, the underlying threat to it all, it was far more than he needed to be tipped beyond his boundaries. Marie had been playing with human nitroglycerine. Now she would pay the price for setting it off.

He turned, his massive arm extending to the ground and grasping a stone. “You trying to scare me?” he demanded, his fingers curling around his newly acquired tool. “Is that really a good idea for someone in your shoes?”

The stone began to crack beneath the pressure of his hand. Gabriel loosened his grip, if only slightly, and continued. “If I were you I would be running, princess. Your word’s ain’t gonna help you here. Just…”

Mid sentence, he hurled the stone forward with all the force of a crude, massive bullet. The projectile missed Marie by several yards, impacting upon the ground to her right and creating a considerable indentation even in the deep frozen ground. It was a warning shot, of course. His aim wasn’t exactly perfect, but more often than not he could get close enough to a target to make them shit themselves a little. However, even in his state of frustration he was aware of the repercussions of doing this woman harm.

Hopefully things didn’t escalate to the point where he stopped caring.

“…your legs,” he finished. “Cause if they can’t get you out of here you ain’t gonna be attached to ‘em much longer.”

Gabriel Jensen
Gabriel Jensen
TANK SHREDDER

Dossier

Back to top Go down

Post  Janice 'Marie' Hayes Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:15 pm

“You trying to scare me? Is that really a good idea for someone in your shoes?”

Marie had begun walking away at this point, but Gabriel's words stopped her. True, she had been rather blunt in her words earlier, but surely he wouldn't have taken them to heart so quickly? When she turned to look at Gabriel, she saw him crushing the rock in his fist. Her skin took on a distinctly pale complexion as she processed what she was seeing.

“If I were you I would be running, princess. Your word’s ain’t gonna help you here. Just…”

He wouldn't dare-

Marie's thoughts were cut off as Gabriel hurled the stone. The missile was like a roaring train, heading straight for her and Marie found herself frozen. She was utterly unable to move- the fear driving her to freeze in hopes that the apex predator before her would lose interest and leave. Even though, in her mind, she knew that he would not.

Somehow, the stone did not turn her to paste. Instead, it left a very convincing statement on how truly volatile Gabriel is.

“…your legs. Cause if they can’t get you out of here you ain’t gonna be attached to ‘em much longer.”

With those words, the spell that seemed to be cast on Marie was broken. With little care to her appearance or demeanor, Marie ran. The sting of Gabriels words had long since disappeared, filled with a fear for her life. Once she had gotten far enough away that she could no longer sprint, she stopped. Breathing heavy, she glanced behind her. So far, it appeared that he was not following her.

With a bruised ego and ruined boots, Marie prepared for a disappointing return to base. I'll tell them he was uncooperative. Yes- and that we need to move fast, if we are to acquire the target before He does.

The one thought that assuaged her ego was that she had, even if only emotionally, struck a nerve with Gabriel and lived.
Janice 'Marie' Hayes
Janice 'Marie' Hayes
THE LAMIA

Dossier

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down