The Daedalus Cycle
Latest topics
» Shh! I'm on the phone. [open]
Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:36 pm by Guido Esposito

» ~Good Titles Ain't Cheap, Y'know?~ (Panic and Guido)
Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:40 am by Guido Esposito

» ~Lesser of the Two?~
Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:01 pm by Sofia Petrovin

» Temp. Hiatus
Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:13 pm by Sofia Petrovin

» Going Nowhere Fast [Closed, Max/Alejandra]
Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:51 am by Maxim Jensen

» LEAVING FOREVER
Mon Aug 20, 2012 2:35 am by Alejandra Rocha

» Leto's Loadout
Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:50 am by Maxim Jensen

» Little trip
Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:37 am by Mattias Rosen

» Sponge, The Sexiest Man, and his equally sexy cast
Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:37 am by Isidora Leto

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 21 on Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:05 pm
Top posting users this week

Affiliates
Modern Day Alchemists

Pokemon Spectrum

INSERT COINS HERE!

MG

MG

The Bleach Society Role-Play

STAFF

THE BRIT:

THE GERMAN:

THE STONER:

THE DRUNKARD:

Cairo Rising [Max/Dante]

Go down

Cairo Rising [Max/Dante]

Post  Maxim Jensen on Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:14 am

Sand ground beneath the churning wheels of an old, battered red-coloured Jeep as it pulled up on Cairo's main street. The driver was one Maxim Jensen; a blonde man wearing tinted-lens glasses and clutching a manilla dossier in one hand. Of the only paper visible protruding from the folder's top were nine printed letters in two printed words, almost hidden by the folder edge's shadow. DANTE NOEL. It'd been many times that Max himself had looked over the pages within; he knew the kid well enough. His favourite haunts from Panic's surveillance, his supposed personality traits from Typhon's assessment, his manifested ability... his letter. This one was Omicron. A great big O. And Max could already feel tension and irritation hanging heavy in the sweltering, humid, Cairo air.

Creedence Clearwater Revival's Fortunate Son hissed out of the ancient stereo until a white-skinned hand pushed forwards and pressed the volume button inwards, causing the music to click off immediately. Those same fingers brushed over the car's interior until they finally reached the keys, yanking them to the side, then out, before swirling the keyring about a single outstretched finger for style, and dropping them handily into a jacket pocket. At the airport on the Lisbon side, Max had long-since changed, wearing only a t-shirt, a baseball cap, some khaki shorts, and a pair of sandals; but the sunlight danced dangerously off of two tinted-black lenses covering hazel eyes, and as he stepped out of the car, locking it up, he clutched in one hand a single messenger bag which he eagerly stuffed the dossier into, before slinging it over his shoulders, and in the other, a single, cylindrical thin skin-like bag containing something which perforated holes only revealed to glint in the sun.

The cause of much enigma, it appeared, Max slung the thin bag over his back via his shoulders, and sighed. His hands went to his stubble and then the remainder of his fringe poking out from beneath the cap. A few citizens had stopped and stared; a white man whom was clearly a tourist never simply happened upon this part of Cairo's outskirts. He was here for a reason; the disguise wasn't hiding that. And while most didn't care and turned their heads away after a minute or so, the keener of the Egyptian natives around could sense the aura of misfortune that this man simply radiated, lingering behind him like a bad smell.

Of course, it wasn't Max's fault; he was a nice enough guy. He'd just been a nice enough guy unlucky enough to be thrown into a program that tampered with his DNA, by his own parents who didn't seem to give two shits about him. Though, now that he was a valuable investment, they wanted a recall. One they weren't fucking getting. No amount of false hope and bullshit would bring him back to the people he'd once called "Mom" and "Dad" any more.

He felt distinctly unwashed. The flight had only been a few hours, but it had left him weary, exhausted, and slightly disoriented due to his falling asleep within the first thirty minutes. Suddenly, he'd been woken up, handed the keys to an inconspicuously battered Jeep, and sent over to this shitty part of town as per Panic's written instructions combined with some brief surveillance photographs. And as he stopped, grinding up sand beneath his feet, pushing it upwards into poofy clouds, before placing his hands on his hips, looking from side to side, and sighing, he figured this was as good a place as any to start. Max had checked for where Dante was using his clairvoyance, and all that it had yielded was images of the Pyramids as the pair of them traded blows fairly quickly. Each time was a different scenario; but Max wasn't really pining to head into either of them without a tour guide, so he decided he'd check to see if Dante had a local haunt he could check out first. Heheh. Necromancy. Haunt.

Unsure of his vehicle's safety as he slowly left its sight, Max made a quick raincheck, closing his eyes and exhaling slowly as the natural Cairo bustle around him slowly became softened in dynamics, and he concentrated solely on one focal point: the heated February breeze whistling gently along his skin. Sooner or later, it yielded an overall result. The car is safe.

A smile cropped onto his face. Tourists were easy targets, but no-one wanted to fuck with Max after seeing the way he'd gotten out of his car. This was a humble part of town; anyone who tried to break into the Jeep would get ratted out fast. No-one wanted to do anything; so no-one wanted to risk anything. With that, he strode quickly down a beaten path towards the nearest centre of commotion, upturning sand and grit beneath his feet, before stopping at the first, old, bored-looking Egyptian merchant he could find, whose face lit up the moment he approached. He howled in broken English, revealing his severe lack of... teeth. "You English?! Americano!? I have good thing!" Max shook his hand slowly as the man spun around to check a nearby shelf and ferret for something, before the man looked back up to him, harsh sunlight dancing off of tapered yellow nails. The absolute definition of Egyptian stall-holder. The guy was wearing black, sooty rags, for fuck's sake.

"No... I," He paused for a moment, before digging back into his satchel and producing a picture of Dante, speaking clearly and as loudly as he could. Gaunt cheeks, paled skin... strange attire... the guy would stick out like a sore thumb here. "I'm looking for this man. Have you seen him?" The Egyptian man stepped back immediately; his eyes widened and his smile faltered quickly before he finally rose a trembling finger off towards the path Max had just come down. One word echoed from shaking lips.

"Graveyard."

"I'm a runaway train on a broken track, I'm the ticker on the bomb that you can't turn back this time."

|| English (skyblue) || Spanish (gold) || French (limegreen) || Portuguese (vermilion) ||
Maxim Jensen
REGNUM DEI

Dossier
Aspect Level: Final
Power: Clairvoyance
Codename: Alpha

View user profile http://daedaluscycle.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Cairo Rising [Max/Dante]

Post  Dante Noel on Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:36 am

CREAK!! The sound that the old maybe leather maybe something else bound book opened made Dante smile, as did the smell of the dusty slightly decaying pages. They reminded him of home for some reason... A home he had never seen in this life time but one he continued to dream about nearly every night. He wasn't even sure if the place in his dream was real or not, but in the end it didn't matter because it brought him HIM of all people comfort and that was not something you could sneeze at. He looked down at the faded pages, written in some obscure dialect and sighed in appreciation."Dave...ITS SO OLD!!" His voice held as much excitement as a child on Christmas morning, with maybe a tad more glee then was absolutely necessary. Dave for his part remained as he always did, which was to say dead.

Dante glanced up at the stoic unmoving man that stood next to his tidy, cheap desk. "Ohhh Dave...You look so sad!! Your lips are trembling, and you look so distant....I KNOW!!" He stood up quickly, nearly falling over in his haste and still managed to knock over the chair he had been sitting in." We can go for a walk in the graveyard!! All our friends live there and they loooove you!! And you know Devs always telling me to make new friends... Hes gonna be sooooo happy when he comes back to visit!! ISn't that right Dave?" He looked back over at his friend and frowned, his sunken eyes creasing."Don't just stand there!! Go get your coat and lets go!! We cant keep all our friends waiting!" With that the large zombie went to the coat rack and put on his full body trench coat. While it wasn't "obvious" that the man was dead from just looking at him... It seemed more then prudent to keep his body covered just in case someone got a little to curious. Plus the coat kept a machete well and truly hidden from prying eyes.

" Okay Dave we are going out now, and you know what that means, keep me safe and stay close, i don't wanna loose you!" He laughed a little and exited his tiny, cozy home and made his way into the hustle and bustle of the streets, his friend and body guard making sure no one got to close. The pale man kept his head down and his eyes darting, taking in any and every detail of the people around him and putting the information away for later use.

Soon enough he arrived at one of the few places he actually felt safe at... An old cemetary home to some of cities oldest graves, and some of the freshest. Even now as he walked between the cold black iron gates he could see the hand of a recently dead man sticking out of a shallow grave. "Its time to play Davy!!" He gigled then and almost skipped into the cemetery proper his thine white coat blowing in the wind behind him.

Arabic(steelblue), German(yellow), English(indigo), Spanish(Brown), Japanese(darkred), Chinese (Mandarin)(red), Greek(Cyan), Latin (Olive)
Dante Noel
CAPIORCORPUS

Dossier
Aspect Level: Primary
Power: Necromancy
Codename: Omicron

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxim Jensen on Sat Jul 28, 2012 5:45 am

From a distance, even Max could hear the voices. Accent was neutral, but Arabic was Arabic, and even muffled, the blonde could make that out. Trudging through the sand floor of the graveyard wouldn't have normally been of any real event to the man; but in this heat, and ascending an uphill struggle with baggage... it was getting irritating. It was closing on to late-afternoon, and even then, it was still too hot. In February.

"لقد حان الوقت للعب ديفي" He was... getting close. Hazel eyes narrowed and Max's slow, steady walk broke into a run as all semblance of panting stopped. The blonde had had too many runners beforehand; and he wasn't risking another one with Omicron, someone who could easily make a huge scene. And... fuck, they were on his turf. Necromancy. Graveyard. Great logic, Max. Great logic. Gaia's would-be leader cursed under his breath and approached with a shout in Americanised English, guessing - well, pretty much knowing from Typhon protocol - that the kid would know it.

"Hey!" He called out. "You!" Possibly not the most peaceful way to make an introduction... oh well; if the guy was gonna run, he was gonna run, regardless. Only difference was how much catching up Max had to do and how many more minutes of beating with Slugger the kid would have to take. He was short, gaunt, and pale; and on the horizon behind him appeared a large, imposing man garbed in a black trenchcoat, pale and stoic. "Kid." The shouts lowered as Max drew closer, continuing pantings of speech.

"Dante Noel," He stated with a sigh. "I know you, and I remember you, even if you don't remember me," Hands on his hips as he drew up to the pale kid, bent over, brow clammy and beads of sweat dripping down onto the cobbled path he'd climbed up upon, shoes caked with dry, yellow sand. They were smack-bang in Sahara country. "My name's Max Jensen," He stood back up and sighed, drawing a single hand along his forehead with a deep exhalation. "But you'd probably know me best as Alpha," A grin slipped onto his face. Maybe that would turn the kid's head.

"Ain't that right?" Max stared at him with vicious tenacity and a dangerous streak flickering in those hazel irises, barely visible behind the glare of those tinted-lens glasses. But Max had made one mistake; he hadn't outlined the facts that he wasn't either hostile, or working for Typhon. The kid could very well run away for valid reasons now, and Max was just blissfully rambling as he continued digging himself deeper into the shit. "Omicron," He finished with a subtle smirk, wrapping one hand about the thin bag's strap running over his chest. Tension was crackling in the air; almost thick enough to cut with a knife. Without a pistol, he needed to be ready. And this was the only way to be ready, as intimidating as it did appear.

"So, how about it?" The pants had all but faded. Max's speech no longer sounded tired; just determined, driven, irritated, and almost slightly pissed off. "You remember me, Dante?"

"I'm a runaway train on a broken track, I'm the ticker on the bomb that you can't turn back this time."

|| English (skyblue) || Spanish (gold) || French (limegreen) || Portuguese (vermilion) ||
Maxim Jensen
REGNUM DEI

Dossier
Aspect Level: Final
Power: Clairvoyance
Codename: Alpha

View user profile http://daedaluscycle.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down